A. The purpose of this provision is to ensure the safe and efficient movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic, ensure the efficient placement of utilities, promote orderly development and serve the interest of public health, safety and general welfare.
B. The provisions of this section apply after February 26, 2002, to all construction in all zones other than R-1, R-1E, and AG; provided, that all construction of commercial buildings or residential buildings with more than three dwelling units in all zones are subject to these provisions. All planned unit developments are subject to the provisions of this section.
C. Site plans for development shall be certified by the appropriate professional discipline registered or licensed as such by the state of Alaska under AS Title 8, specifically a professional engineer or a registered land surveyor.
D. Site plans and technical drawings shall be submitted by the appropriate professional discipline for construction, relocation, expansion, or categorical change in use of a regulated structure, building, use, or activity on a lot. Drawings shall be submitted at a scale reasonable for review of the depiction but no smaller than one inch equals 100 feet for site plans and shall include at a minimum applicable as required by use:
1. The actual shape, location, and dimensions of the lot;
4. Major topographic features including but not limited to water bodies, drainage patterns, slope elevations and designated special flood hazard areas; special attention shall be given to proper site drainage so that the removal of surface waters will not adversely affect neighboring properties or the public road system; storm water shall be collected at intervals so that it will not obstruct the flow of vehicular or pedestrian traffic;
9. Floor area, and building heights;
10. Location, type, size, and design of proposed and existing exterior area artificial lighting;
11. Location, type, dimensions, and orientation of proposed and existing signs;
12. Existing and proposed snow storage areas and surface drainage management; and
13. Location and availability of servicing utilities, wells (if expressly allowed), and septic systems (if expressly allowed).
E. Development subject to other provisions of the city code shall comply with the provisions found elsewhere in this code. When provisions conflict with each other, the more restrictive shall apply. (Ord. 587 § 3, 2002)